Have you ever wondered why certain love songs are your favorites over others? Often, what sets music above the rest is song lyrics that speak to your very soul.
The words that make up a song’s meaning are such an important factor when it comes to those you want to hear on repeat, so much so that you’re quick to add them to your most heavily rotated playlists. And depending on what you’re in the mood for, you’re most likely to choose songs that help you express or get through a certain feeling as you sing along.
All of us cherish a special love song. Listening to it makes us feel like we’re slow-dancing with our loved ones, feeling happy and being in love. But love songs aren’t only for couples; they’re for those whose hearts are broken as well. These sad love songs also speak for unrequited love and for the ones that got away. Love songs are meant to represent human emotions and romantic relationships.
Perhaps, the reason why people like love songs is that we know that love is a wonderful feeling and we crave it every day. Music has a special way of helping us understand and express our emotions in a gentle and loving way.
The following love song quotes we prepared for you explain the importance of love songs in our lives and the reasons why we should keep on listening to them. We hope you’ll love them as much as we do.
Love Song Quotes
- Cause all of me loves all of you. Love your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections.
- And I can’t help but stare, cause I see truth somewhere in your eyes.
- I am thinking of you in my sleepless solitude tonight, if it’s wrong to love you then my heart just won’t let me be right.
- And when you’re needing your space to do some navigating, I’ll be here patiently waiting to see what you find.
- Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know. She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I’ll share her home. – Ed Sheeran, ‘Perfect’
6. There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we’d all love one another. – Frank Zappa
7. There’s a certain feeling of giving, a certain feeling of generosity in love songs. When you sing a song of love, you’re actually giving something to yourself, too. You’re singing and casting these affirmations of love out into the universe. It resonates in your body in a way that feels extraordinary. – Jason Mraz
8. I don’t really need to stand out, there’s room for everyone. Although I haven’t built a niche yet, I’m just writing love songs. – Adele
9. I love, love songs, but sometimes it’s okay to just be young and talk about something other than getting married or falling in love. – Maren Morris
10. Love songs are one of the great essences of life, the only thing that’s lasting. – George Benson
11. “When you put your arms around me, you let me know there’s nothing in this world I can’t do.” – Keith Urban, ‘Somebody Like You’
12. “I love you best. You’re not like the rest.” – Little River Band, ‘Lady’
13. “Then you walked in and my heart went, ‘Boom!’ ” – Phillipa Soo & Original Broadway Cast of “Hamilton,” ‘Helpless’
14. “If you fall I will catch you, I’ll be waiting…time after time.” – Cyndi Lauper, ‘Time After Time’
15. “Your love is better than ice cream.” – Sarah McLachlan, ‘Ice Cream’
16. I decided at 15 that I didn’t want to be one of those artists that get up and sings love songs they don’t mean. I decided that I was going to be me to the fullest extent, that my songs were going to reflect relationships I’ve had, things I’ve been through, and even the stuff I’m embarrassed about. – Pink
17. Well, people can get advice almost anywhere, but they can’t find a companion almost anywhere. And far more than being an advice-giver or somebody who just plays sappy love songs, I really am a companion on the radio at night. – Delilah
18. I’m extremely happy, but I don’t do love songs for the most part. It feels weird; that’s such a personal thing to me. I’d rather live that in my real life and play a different character outside of that. – Carrie Underwood
19. I think either you’re creative or you’re not. In general, I don’t think you need to be in pain to actually be creative unless you’re writing love songs. Then you might need to have some ups and downs within your emotions to start to capture that. – Curtis Jackson
20. My love songs are very personal and quite weird. They don’t really have the big radio hit choruses because basically, they’re my therapy, stuff I have to get off my chest. – Ed Sheeran
21. “And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while…” – Bruno Mars, ‘Just the Way You Are’
22. “Look at the stars, look how they shine for you and everything you do…” – Coldplay, ‘Yellow’
23. “Take me to your heart, for it’s there that I belong.” – Elvis Presley, ‘Love Me Tender’
24. “I hope you don’t mind that I put down in words how wonderful life is while you’re in the world.” – Elton John, ‘Your Song’
25. “Some day, when I’m awfully low, when the world is cold, I will feel a glow just thinking of you and the way you look tonight.” – Frank Sinatra, ‘The Way You Look Tonight’
26. I think that I write about stuff that others don’t write about. I don’t have a bunch of love songs because I don’t really have much boy experience. I just write about what I am actually going through in my real life. – Brie Larson
27. I like ‘love’ songs, however cheesy that might sound. – Armaan Malik
28. I like to sing love songs. – Doris Day
29. In the past, I never wrote any love songs. That was not my thing. – St. Lucia
30. I know what works for me – those wonderful sad love songs. – Toni Braxton
31. To me, the best love songs work on two, maybe three different levels. Where you’re talking about the person who you’re right opposite and all the people like that. – Kris Kristofferson
32. All of the songs my grandparents and parents listened to are called boleros, they’re all love songs. They’re about giving your heart to a person. It’s a culture that is so romantic and passionate, and that’s something that I’m very proud of. We grew up with nothing, so we just want to live a life full of love. – Camila Cabello
33. I love love songs. But I love pop music as well: Girls Aloud, Kylie, the Spice Girls, East 17, and Mika. – Adele
34. Ever since the Dixie Chicks, the female perspective on country radio has been love songs. I love, love songs, but we do have more to talk about, so it’s nice that other perspectives are coming back. – Maren Morris
35. I think I drift toward sad love songs. – Benmont Tench
36. Politics are always involved, even in my love songs. – Lydia Lunch
37. I can speak for most songwriters, those breakup love songs are so easy to write, as far as the inspiration and all that. – Lucinda Williams
38. Typically, the theme of my albums, if there is a theme, is, ‘How does it feel?’ And that always leads to love songs. It just does. – Anita Baker
39. I didn’t want my last chapter to be the guy who sits at the piano and sings love songs. – Richard Marx
40. I like to sing love songs. – Doris Day
41. “Man, oh, man, you’re my best friend. I scream it to the nothingness. There ain’t nothing that I need. Home, let me come home, home is wherever I’m with you.” – Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, ‘Home’
42. “At last…my love has come along. My lonely days are over. And life is like a song.” – Etta James, ‘At Last’
43. “Here’s to you, the one that always pulls us through, always do what you gotta do. You’re one of a kind. Thank God you’re mine.” – Michael Bublé, ‘Close Your Eyes’
44. “And I’d give up forever to touch you, ’cause I know that you feel me somehow. You’re the closest to heaven that I’ll ever be and I don’t wanna go home right now.” – Goo Goo Dolls, ‘Iris’
45. “How sweet it is to be loved by you…” – James Taylor, ‘How Sweet It Is’
46. “I’ll be the weeping willow drowning in my tears, and you can go swimming when you are here. I’ll be the rainbow after the tears are gone, wrap you in my colors and keep you warm.” – Otis Redding, ‘That’s How Strong My Love Is’
47. “You fill my life with laughter, and somehow you make it better… Ease my troubles, that’s what you do.” – Rod Stewart, ‘Have I Told You Lately’
48. “Hit me like a ray of sun burning through my darkest night. You’re the only one that I want. Think I’m addicted to your light.” – Beyoncé, ‘Halo’
49. “At first, I thought it was infatuation…but, oh, it’s lasted so long. Now, I find myself wanting to marry you, and take you home…” – Sam Cooke, ‘You Send Me’
50. “Beating out of my chest, my heart is holding onto you… From the moment I knew, from the moment I knew.” – Sara Bareilles, ‘The Light’