Jealousy or envy is a curse to human beings! The wise, the rich or even the powerful; no one has ever escaped from feeling the pangs of jealousy or envy. It can be a result of seeing somebody else’s love, good fortune or success. For that matter; no one is immune to jealousy or envy. It causes acute pain and anguish in the heart of people and sometimes make them do things that they would regret later on in their life. The episodes of jealousy and envy are inevitable for everyone who has ever lived on this planet!
But there are ways to get rid of these negative feelings which you might want to try at least once before your next big project which could involve someone who may harbor some evil intentions of hurting you. The following are quotes and sayings about 100 Jealousy Quotes in relationships and otherwise, that will tell you why and how jealousy and envy can lead to problematic situations in life.
- “I love people who gossip behind my back. That’s exactly where they belong. Behind my back.”
2. “Jealousy is a disease. Get well soon.”
3. “Jealous people want to see you do good, but never better than them.”
4. “A flower never thinks of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms”
5. “The people who know the least about you, always have the most to say.”
6. The venom clamors of a jealous woman poison more deadly than a mad dog’s tooth.
– William Shakespeare
7. Jealousy is bred in doubts. When those doubts change into certainties, then the passion either ceases or turns absolute madness. – Francois de La Rochefoucauld
8. Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm; for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave. – Holy Bible
9. Jealousy is a disease, love is a healthy condition. The immature mind often mistakes one for the other, or assumes that the greater the love, the greater the jealousy! In fact, they’re almost incompatible; one emotion hardly leaves room for the other. Both at once can produce unbearable turmoil! – Robert Heinlein
10. Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits. – Paul Eldridge
11. “Winners focus on winning. Losers focus on winners”
12. “Some people only hate you because of the way other people love you.”
13. “People only rain on your parade because they’re jealous of your sun and tired of their shade.”
14. “Jealousy is natural but it isn’t necessary”
15. “Someone else’s success does not rob you of anything.”
16. Jealousy is indeed a poor medium to secure love, but it is a secure medium to destroy one’s self-respect. For jealous people, like dope-fiends, stoop to the lowest level and in the end inspire only disgust and loathing. – Emma Goldman
17. Jealousy is never satisfied with anything short of an omniscience that would detect the subtlest fold of the heart. – George Eliot
18. Jealousy, that dragon which slays love under the pretense of keeping it alive. – Havelock Ellis
19. Envy is a littleness of soul, which cannot see beyond a certain point, and if it does not occupy the whole space feels itself excluded. – William Hazlitt
20. Jealousy is said to be the offspring of Love. Yet, unless the parent makes haste to strangle the child, the child will not rest till it has poisoned the parent. – A.W. Hare and J.C. Hare
21. “Jealousy—Tormenting yourself, for fear you should be tormented by another.”- Paul Chatfield
22. “Jealousy only eats up your beauty. Have faith in yourself. You have something that other’s don’t”
23. “In jealousy there is more self-love than love.”- François de la Rochefoucauld, Maxims, 1665
24. “Jealousy in romance is like salt in food. A little can enhance the savor, but too much can spoil the pleasure and, under certain circumstances, can be life-threatening.”- Maya Angelou
25. “Our envy always lasts longer than the happiness of those we envy.”- François de la Rochefoucauld
26. It is not love that is blind, but jealousy. – Lawrence Durrell
27. Whoever envies another confesses his superiority. – Samuel Johnson
28. It is in the character of very few men to honor without envy a friend who has prospered. – Aeschylus
29. Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live! – Bob Marley
30. Jealousy is the greatest of all evils, and the one which arouses the least pity in the person who causes it. – François de la Rochefoucauld
31. “The envious die not once, but as oft as the envied win applause.”- Baltasar Gracián
32. “It is never wise to seek or wish for another’s misfortune. If malice or envy were tangible and had a shape, it would be the shape of a boomerang.”- Charley Reese
33. “Envy, if surrounded on all sides by the brightness of another’s prosperity, like the scorpion confined within a circle of fire, will sting itself to death.”- Charles Caleb Colton
34. “Envy is the coward side of Hate, and all her ways are bleak and desolate.”- Henry Abbey
35. “Envy is a littleness of soul, which cannot see beyond a certain point, and if it does not occupy the whole space, feels itself excluded.”- William Hazlitt
36. Envy is the most stupid of vices, for there is no single advantage to be gained from it. – Honore de Balzac
37. A competent and self-confident person is incapable of jealousy in anything. Jealousy is invariably a symptom of neurotic insecurity. – Robert A. Heinlein
38. O jealousy! thou magnifier of trifles! – Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller
39. Jealousy is the dragon in paradise; the hell of heaven; and the most bitter of the emotions because associated with the sweetest.
40. Our envy of others devours us most of all.
41. “Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.”- Buddha
42. “It is in the character of very few men to honor without envy a friend who has prospered.”- Aeschylus
43. “Rust consumes iron and envy consumes itself.”- Danish Proverb
44. “Envy among other ingredients has a mixture of the love of justice in it. We are more angry at undeserved than at deserved good-fortune.”- William Hazlitt
45. “Fools may our scorn, not envy, raise. For envy is a kind of praise.”- John Gay
46. “Envy is more irreconcilable than hatred.”- François de la Rochefoucauld
47. Plain women are always jealous of their husbands. Beautiful women never are. They are always so occupied with being jealous of other women’s husbands.
48. I’ve never been jealous. Not even when my dad finished the fifth grade a year before I did.
49. Jealousy is the jaundice of the soul. – John Dryden
50. My wife’s jealousy is getting ridiculous. The other day she looked at my calendar and wanted to know who May was.
51. “Envy is a symptom of lack of appreciation of our own uniqueness and self worth. Each of us has something to give that no one else has.”
52. Keep yourselves far from envy; it eateth up and taketh away good actions, like as fire eateth up and burneth wood.”- Muhammad
53. “Envy is ever joined with the comparing of a man’s self; and where there is no comparison, no envy.”- Francis Bacon
54. “The envious person grows lean with the fatness of their neighbor.”- Socrates
55. “Envy is like a fly that passes all the body’s sounder parts, and dwells upon the sores.”- Arthur Chapman
56. More men die of jealousy than of cancer. – Joseph P. Kennedy
57. Jealousy is a tiger that tears not only its prey but also its own raging heart!
58. Jealousy is a mental cancer.
59. “Never waste jealousy on a real man: it is the imaginary man that supplants us all in the long run.”
60. The envious die not once, but as oft as the envied win applause.
61. “Envy is the art of counting the other fellow’s blessings instead of your own.”
62. “It is never wise to seek or wish for another’s misfortune. If malice or envy were tangible and had a shape, it would be the shape of a boomerang.
63. Love looks through a telescope; envy, through a microscope.
64. Envy is pain at the good fortune of others. – Aristotle
65. Never hate jealous people. They are jealous because they think you are better than them.
66. The spirit of envy can destroy; it can never build. -Margaret Thatcher
67. To live without comparison is to remove a tremendous burden.
68. No one can have all he wants, but a man can refrain from wanting what he has not, and cheerfully make the best of a bird in the hand.
69. The worst part of success is trying to find someone who is happy for you.
70. Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.
71. Nothing sharpens sight like envy.
72. Nothing brings on jealousy like laughter.
73. Envy is the central fact of American life.
74. Man will do many things to get himself loved; he will do all things to get himself envied.
75. The fastest way to lose friends and alienate people is to get better and improve yourself. – Life Math Money
76. People hate those who make them feel their own inferiority. – Lord Chesterfield
77. As iron is eaten by rust, so are the envious consumed by envy.
78.You can be the moon and still be jealous of the stars.
79. A little jealousy can be a good thing, for we may be reminded to appreciate what we have.
80. You’re subject to sorrow, fear, jealousy, anger and inconsistency. That’s the real reason you should admit that you are not wise.
81. Keep your attention focused entirely on what is truly your own concern, and be clear that what belongs to others is their business and none of yours. – Epictetus
82. Jealousy is the most dreadfully involuntary of all sins.
83. Envy is a declaration of inferiority. – Napoleon Bonaparte
84. Jealousy is an ugly emotion, but it tells the truth. You mostly envy those who have what you desire.
85. For most of us, envy is the basis of our actions; remove envy and we feel we are lost. All our effort is towards success, and in that there is envy; behind that envy there is fear.
86. The wicked envy and hate; it is their way of admiring. – Victor Hugo
87. Oh, what a bitter thing it is to look into happiness through another man’s eyes. William Shakespeare
88. Anger, hatred and jealousy never solve problems, only affection, concern and respect can do that.
89. Transform jealousy to admiration, and what you admire will become part of your life.
90. Jealousy is a miserable feeling. It means you aspire to something that you cannot have. – Sophia Loren
91. Jealousy, an eminently credulous and suspicious passion, allows fancy the greatest possible play. But it does not bestow wit, it banishes all sense.
92. Envy is ignorance, imitation is suicide.
93. Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn.
94. Every time a friend succeeds, I die a little.
95. Envy blinds men and makes it impossible for them to think clearly.
96. Envy creates silent enemies.
97. Envy aims very high.
98. It is better to be envied than pitied. – Herodotus
99. There is more self-love than love in jealousy.
100. It’s a completely useless emotion – jealousy. I don’t go there.